Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Podiatric Medicine held its ninth annual Residency Fair Aug. 9, 2019 on WesternU’s Pomona, California campus.
Nearly 20 residency programs from across the country were represented. Nine CPM alumni returned to campus as representatives of their respective residency programs.
- Josephine Lyons, DPM ’17, from Ascension Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Chandler Hubbard, DPM ’18, and Pedro Aldape, DPM ’19, from Chino Valley Medical Center, Chino, Calif.
- Reece Everson, DPM ’19, from DVA-Greater Los Angeles/Olive View UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Lauren Molchan, DPM ’18, from Highlands/Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, Denver, Colo.
- Joseph Yacoub, DPM ’18, from Lakewood Regional Medical Center, Lakewood, Calif.
- Jordan Crafton, DPM ’17, from Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, Mass.
- Midori Higashi, DPM ’15, Externship Director, from Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Wash.
- Ryan Mayberry, DPM ’19, from New Mexico VA Health Care System, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Mayberry said it was a “weird feeling” coming back to campus as a resident instead of a student.
“But it’s nice to feel like I can help students here currently, letting people know about our program and the things we have to offer,” he said. “I can give them general information on what sets our program apart.”
He also had advice for CPM students preparing to apply for residencies.
“Work hard to be someone that other people want to work with,” Mayberry said.